Tuesday 10 September 2019

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawlesss Foundation Review - Hit or Miss?

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely adore Charlotte Tilbury products, well most of them anyway, there are a few misses in the product line but in general her products are phenomenal so I was super excited to ty her new airbrush flawless foundation particulary as I love the airbrush flawless powder.

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation Review - StyleBuzzUK


The claim:
Charlotte's new innovation foundation is the secret to a flawless, poreless looking confident complexion. A stay all day weightless, full coverage formula with a natural matte finish. Contains 'Aircool' for an indstant fresh feel on the skin. Moisturises for upto 24 hours Reduces wrinkles by upto 22% over 8 weeks.

The lowdown:
First of all.. as with all Charlotte Tilbury products, the packaging is just beautiful, very 1940's glamour that makes you feel special using it but how does it perform?
Ok, on first application I was shocked and a little panicked at how yellow toned the foundation was, like a seriously bright yellow and I have heard other reviewers say the same thing. however this does calm down and dry in more of a darker natural looking shade which was a relief as I honestly thought that I was going to have to wash it all off!

I found the consistently really odd and noticed that it was drying onto the skin the second I applied it pretty much, meaning that I had to try and blend super quick before it dried, it was almost like it was turning into a powder formula the minute it hit the skin! I'm a fan of really super smooth buildable foundations that blend nicely and easily into your skin so I was instantly put off by this. My first attempt at applying it was with a beauty blender which I would normally use as I find it gives a more natural finish and you can really press the product into the skin, but as it was drying so quickly on my skin this left a really patchy coverage so I switched to a foundation brush on second application which worked better.

Now, the claim that it's full coverage is just ridiculous in my opinion, the formula is thick but its no where near full coverage and I had to go over areas of pigmentation multiple times to cover, adding more and more layers each time which is not great as the last thing I want is a cakey look.

Once I had completed my make up and set it with the Charlotte Tilbury airbrush flawless powder I thought it looked pretty good but by the end of the day, my pores actually looked worse, really dry and cakey in parts and for some bizarre reason the foundation had almost completely come off of my chin and I never touch my face during the day so I'm baffled to how this could even happen?! I gave it a fair trial and used this for a whole week to really get a feel for it but I'm afraid it's a no for me.

I think that this could be a good option if you have really oily skin but if you're more on the drier side and even combination this is not for you.

Overall verdict: Hugely disappointed by a brand that I usually love!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Ok so I'm so behind in trying products by Charlotte Tilbury. Everyone raves about the brand on blogs and Instagram, so I'm like, "ok I need to try this brand"... Thanks for the heads up about this foundation because it sounds like something I would have end up trying as my first product.😂

    Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig