Saturday 7 September 2019

3 Of The Best Setting Powders Put to the Test! Including Laura Mercier & Charlotte Tilbury

3 of the best setting powders - StyleBuzzUK

Looking for a fab setting powder and not sure which one to get when there is so much choice out there? Well ladies, I have done all of the leg work for you and tried 3 of the best known setting powders out there at the moment (and lots more in-between) so that you don't have to waste your hard earned money.

Here are my thoughts on them...

The iconic Laura Mercier Translucent Pressed Powder £30
The Claim: A pressed version of Laura Mercier’s beloved bestselling {Translucent Loose Setting Powder}, this pressed luxurious pressed powder feels silky smooth and grants a touch of sheer coverage with a modern matte finish. Housed in a sleek and chic portable dark chocolate compact with a puff applicator, it features micro-refined silica and soft-focus light-reflecting particles, which instantly blur imperfections and minimise the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles – without creasing or caking. Suitable for all skin tones, the formula is translucent, gliding on to give an undetectable natural skin finish, effortlessly.

The lowdown: Well to say that I was disappointed in this is an understatement ladies, I bought this earlier in the year and had such high hopes for it, especially for the pretty hefty price tag, not to mention that it's a cult classic, but this literally did nothing for me. I'm not sure if it's because I got the pressed version rather than the loose meaning that the formulation wasn't as good, but this could of literally been any powder from the Boots. Overall verdict: 3/10

Vichy Dermablend Loose Setting Powder £18
The Claim: Translucent powder that sets and extends our foundations and concealers for up to 16 hours.

The Lowdown: I really really liked this powder, it provided a gorgeous soft blurring effect to my skin and helped to set my make up lovely but I found it very messy to apply and a little time consuming (i.e. applying with the puff and then waiting for it to set before dusting off) although I am more of a pressed powder kinda girl so that's probably why, if you're already used to using loose powder on a regular basis then I think you will be fine with this. I also found that my face looked slightly cakey by the end of a long day. Overall verdict: 7/10

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Pressed Powder £35
The Claim: Achieve a flawless, luminous finish and minimise shine with this stunning, ethereal powder. Multi-tasking and packed with skin-loving ingredients and light-reflecting particles, Airbrush Flawless Finish is the ultimate 'last course' in every make up menu. Ideal for those with oily/combination skin types (it keeps the midday t-zone 'glow' at bay), this also works wonderfully for drier, dehydrated skin types thanks to nourishing rose wax and almond oil. The 'soft focus' nano-particles then blur the visibility of fine lines and help disguise pigmentation - whatever your skin tone: choose from 'Fair', 'Medium' and 'Dark'.

The Lowdown: Wow, wow, wow!!!! The best powder I have ever tried and well worth the price tag in my opinion. It is so feather light that you can't even feel it on your skin at all, and it instantly blurs and refines your skin, hides pores and prevents a shiny T Zone without being in the slightest bit cakey. The first time I used this powder I was told how flawless my face looked by a few different colleagues.
Overall Verdict: 10/10

Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Finish Powder - StyleBuzzUK

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig