Monday 14 August 2017

Tried and Tested Cleansers for Sensitive or Rosacea prone Skin


Tried and Tested Cleansers for sensitive/rosacea prone skin

For anyone with Sensitive or Rosacea prone skin finding a gentle cleanser can be a bit of a nightmare task as most cleansers that claim to be super gentle on sensitive skin aren't really at all and sometimes contain lots of no good hidden ingredients, I've tested so many over the years and I'd like to share my experience of various cleansers that I have tried more recently with you with quite surprising results! 

Now, I'm not a lover of cream cleansers I find them way too much hassle and far too time consuming and never feel like they completely clean, I need to have the feel of water on my face to feel totally clean and refreshed so therefore always opt for foaming or gel cleansers so below you will find my reviews on such products.

La Roche Possay Cleasers review

First up is the La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser £12 which is a lovely rich creamy consistency that you can either rinse with water or remove with a cotton pad if you prefer. Now what I absolutely love about this is that it's so unbelievably soothing and feels as though you are putting an extra thick layer of moisture on your skin. I noticed the difference in my skin almost straight away in the fact that it just looked smoother, younger and plumper due to the moisture boost, however... it doesn't do what it says on the tin!! It claims to remove all make up but it's totally useless at it!! I'd read reviews on it before buying and some people were saying the same thing but I just thought that maybe these were women that wore shed loads of make up.. er no not the case at all as I only wear minimal make up during the day, just a little mineral powder and a touch of concealer were needed plus a little mascara and eyeliner but first use of this stuff and it left me looking like a crazed panda once I'd applied to my face and the make up just wouldn't budge!

So disappointing as it's so amazing in every other way so I now use it as a morning cleanser when I have no make up to remove and I thought that I should move on and try the La Roche Posay Micellar Water Gel £12 that claims to remove all traces of even stubborn make up well, I was duped again girls, whilst it was a little more effective at removing make up, it was still pretty useless unfortunately but again left my skin feeling super supple and soothed, just so frustrating that it doesn't do what it claims to do and it's not exactly a hard job right? 

Although I must say that I absolutely love the La Roche Posay Soothing toning lotion girls, for the last step of your cleansing routine and this works really well at removing any last traces as well as soothing and adding moisture to your skin.

Next is the L'Oreal Fine Flowers Gel Cream Wash £3.99,  this was perfect at removing all traces of make up but I found that it left my skin feeling really tight and dry immediately after use and has this weird sort of chemical scent about it which also put me off, so this one was a definite no go for me and I only used it a few times before giving up on it completely. Sorry L'Oreal but it's a thumbs down from me!

L'Oreal Fine Flowers Cream Wash Review

Surprisingly my best and most loved cleanser is the cheapest of the bunch and is the most no frills in terms of packaging. The Boots Simply Sensitive Cleansing Gel Wash at just £1.99 is superb at removing all traces of make up even the tough stuff and doesn't cause me to have any reaction at all and no uncomfortable tightness afterwards. you will notice that the packing and the whole concept of this cleanser is pretty much a copycat of the 'Simple' version which I have also tried and actually much prefer this one! Top Marks to good old Boots.

Boots Sensitive Gel Wash Review - Rosacea


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig