Thursday 13 October 2016

Interview with Demi Grace - We talk about performing with Beyoncé, Music, Beauty & Fashion!


There isn't much that Demi Grace can't do, she is a singer-songwriter, model, actress and dancer. She has graced the covers of many magazines and has modelled for the likes of  M.A.C Cosmetics and is currently the face of Sephora's 'Make up forever' lip range. She has appeared in music video's with the likes of Taio Cruz and Flo Rida and recently performed on stage with Beyoncé at the VMA awards!


Her new single 'Afraid' is out now and we talk, music, style and beauty below.. 

Ok, let's get the whole Beyoncé performance out of the way first because its just way too exciting! What was it like performing on stage with her at the MTV VMA's?
Demi: It is still really exciting! It was such an amazing experience and an opportunity for me to learn from a living legend. It was a double blessing because not only did I get to see the ins and outs of putting together a show for Beyoncé but I also got to see the ins and outs of putting shows together for the VMA's. That was my first experience attending the VMA's as well and I wouldn't have it any other way. Through that experience I definitely feel more inspired and prepared for what is to come in my career.

You are the face of Sephora's 'Make up Forever' lip range, what is your favourite item from the range?
Demi: My favourite lip color from the MAKE UP FOREVER Artist Rouge line so far is M501 which is a beautiful shade of red lipstick!
Laura: Yes! you can't beat a bold red lip!

As a model, do you have any secret styling tips that you have picked up over the years?
Demi: The best secret styling tip I've picked up is that it's not what you wear but how you wear whatever it is you choose to wear that makes it stylish.
Laura: I couldn't agree more!


Who is your style icon?
Demi: My style icon? Wow! That's a tough one because there are so many individuals who have fabulous style. I would have to say Janet Jackson. I have consistently enjoyed her style moments throughout her entire career even up to now.

Having modelled for many years, you must have picked up some great make up tips from professional make up artists, do you have any fab tips to share with us?
Demi: The most fabulous make up tip I picked up was actually found online. I have naturally oily skin and have tried everything I possibly could to control it; from the most expensive primers, to cheaper primers, to drinking more water, to using more moisturizers, and even not using moisturizer at all. After all of the experimenting I started to look up "natural oil and blemish control home remedies" and found milk of magnesia as an option. It was the only thing I hadn't tried and was curious. I used it like a primer and it worked fabulously! Not only did my make up stay in place all day but my T-zone had minimal to no shine all day and I could pretty much kiss my oil blotting sheets and sponges "good bye"! It also turns out that drag queens have been using that trick for years, it's no wonder their make up always looks flawless. :)
Laura: What a great tip, this is definitely something that I will try as I suffer with the same problem, although on the plus side, they say that oilier skin stays looking younger.

Your skin is flawless, what is your current beauty routine and do you have any secret skin saviours?
Demi: Thank you! I am really into natural treatments for my skin. Everything from tea tree oil to vitamin E to rosewater glycerin, I've either tried it or am currently using it. The most recent skin saviour I have discovered (besides milk of magnesia) is aloe vera gel. Aloe vera gel with a drop of an oil or moisturizer of your choice keeps the skin looking fresh and feeling tight.

The new single 'Afraid' from your forthcoming EP 'Queendom' is such a great tune, what is it about and what inspired you to write it?
Demi: Thank you! The song is really about overcoming the fear of leaving a comfortable but unhealthy situation. For me, that situation was a romantic relationship. It was a fun and intense at first but was ultimately unhealthy for me emotionally and physically and I had to find the courage to get out. Not only did my need to express myself inspire me to write the song but I also wanted others to feel empowered enough to take a risk and let go of things (relationships, addictions, possessions, whatever) that are ultimately unhealthy for them.
Laura: What a great message to get out there Demi and well done for having the courage to do what's right for you.

Who was your favourite artist growing up and who would you love to work with in the future?
Demi: My favourite artists growing up were Missy Elliot and Mariah Carey. There are so many more that I love but I think your favourite artists are those artists who you know all the words to their songs, you know all their movies, videos, everything! I can honestly check off those boxes for both of them even down to the songs they were featured in.
Laura: Yes I agree and Mariah was and still is one of my favourites too!

You have worked on music video's with the likes of Taio Cruz and Flo Rida, what was that like and were you a little star stuck at the time?
Demi: I actually haven't been as star struck as I thought I would be on music video sets. I definitely have a huge sense of admiration and respect for any artist that is able to perform their music in a major way but not star struck. 

When can we expect to see the video for 'Afraid'?
Demi: We are producing it as we speak so we can expect to see the visual for "Afraid" from early December to the top of the new year!
Laura: Good to hear, we will look forward to seeing it.


For more about Demi visit her official website at http://www.demigrace.com/ and Follow Demi on Twitter and Instagram @IamDemiGrace and find her new single afraid on iTunes

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig