Saturday 5 March 2016

March Make Up Favourites to Prime, Contour & Perfect!

There are so many great make up and beauty deals on at the moment at Boots with 3 for 2 across all make up brands and half price skincare, that it's actually quite dangerous to step foot inside because of the temptation to over buy but I had ran out of a few products and I can never resist a 3 for 2 make up offer as it often gives me the chance to try a new product for free. 

Maybelline is by far my favourite budget make up brand, the lasting drama gel eyeliner is the best I've ever tried and I have been using it for years now. I have had my eye on 'The Nudes' eyeshadow palette for a while now but was waiting for an offer before buying it as I really couldn't justify buying more eye shadow!! This palette is amazing though girls, is has every thing to take you from a natural everyday look to a gorgeous smokey eye and at £10 is really is a must buy. 
 
Despite contouring being such a massive thing in the beauty world for a while now, I have only ever done it once, but I have seen everyday contouring kits start to appear on the the make up stands over the last couple of months so I thought I would take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer give it a go and got the Maybelline Master Sculpt, They have different shades for different skin tones, I got the 'Medium/Dark' one, it comes with a little brush and mirror inside and is really easy to use, although I would suggest watching a contouring tutorial on YouTube if you are new at it. You really need to use this sparingly, the first time I tired it I made myself look like a prisoner of war!! The effect can be really quite extreme so go easy on it.

I had run out of my usual transparent power that I use to combat shine so I thought that I would give the L'OREAL Infallible 24H Matt powder a try as part of the 3 for 2 offer and I'm impressed, it has a very natural coverage not cakey at all and does the job of combating shine nicely.

I love the new Matte look lipstick and crayons but I always find that there are not enough shades in any of the Matte ranges and none that are suitable for me, until I spotted the L'OREAL Matte Lip Pen in shade '004 Oops I did it again' which is spot on! As you can see from the photo below, it is a felt tip style lip pen and it gives a great long lasting matte look although being Matte it does leave your lips feeling like the Sahara Desert, so lots of lip balm will be in order!
 
And last but not least is the Barry M 'Flawless original primer' which promises to minimise pores, smooth and mattify and it does just that! I was a bit reluctant to try this because I have very sensitive skin but it was on sale for £2.50 in Superdrug so I thought it was worth a go and I am so pleased that I did because this is one of those products that I just couldn't live without now, it makes my make up glide on beautifully and makes my skin super soft. It is infused with soothing willow extract and vitamin E so is very gentle and perfect for even the most sensitive of skin. 


So there you have it girls, my round up of favourites for the month. Let me know if you have tried any of these too?!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig